Get Local Ip Address?

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Tue Jun 5 07:20:54 PDT 2007

Are you wanting the public IP address, or just the machine's IP address?

Example: my computer is in a network, so it's IP starts with 172.16.
But, my public IP address starts with 72 or something (for my entire
network.)

To get the machine IP, it's going to be more system-specific, and I
don't know off hand how.  To get the public IP, you have to check an
external source - e.g. http://www.whatismyip.org/.

-[Unknown]