valgrind? electric fence?

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:20:51 PDT 2007

Frank Benoit wrote:
> Jason House schrieb:
>> Does anyone know if valgrind or similar products can work with D?  If
>> so, how?  If not, does anyone know of the next best thing?  (like
>> running the GC after every line of code in a particular function?)
>>

> I never used valgrind, but i know that there are ppl that use valgrind
> on linux with D (probably GDC).

I'd be interested in hearing from others who have used valgrind with
gdc.  It found issues immediately...  But it left me scratching my head.
  It seems like code that should work doesn't in subtle ways.  For
example, I opened a bug with the gdc project for my simplest example:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=791252&aid=1734477&group_id=154306

In the original code that drove me to experiment with this, the bug was
reproducible on many platforms with gdc and never with dmd.  I only
tested with valgrind on a single system, so I don't know if the valgrind
insanity applies to other platforms.  I'd like to know if others have
had similar issues.