compile time class introspection?

Serg Kovrov kovrov at bugmenot.com
Thu Jun 14 15:45:18 PDT 2007

Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
> This is an important thing about D that probably deserves a long and
> extensive tutorial somewhere...  Many of its cooler features aren't
> really features at all, but side-effects of other more general features.

I hope it won't happen. Let me explain..

Considered to be a side-effect (or hack), this rather should be
redesigned than teaching in docs/tutorials/books. That way we end up
with yet another C++

Its sad that I actually will use this hack (that is, will produce code
I'm not proud with). I can't just hope and wait for this to be fixed
(properly designed), as temptation to have this functionality is to strong.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I really do like D
-- serg.