How do I interface D to a C library based on a DLL?

Christopher Grantham cgrantham at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:32:44 PDT 2007

Carlos Santander wrote:
> Christopher Grantham escribió:
>> hmmm thats interesting:
>>  >lib -l OrcFxAPI.lib
>> Digital Mars Librarian Version 8.02n
>> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000-2007 All Rights Reserved
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/lib.html
>> Digital Mars Librarian complete.
>>
>> So I guess my LIB file has no symbols...?
>> I tried this for the original lib file:
>>

> There should be a file OrcFxAPI.lst with that info. Sorry for not
> mentioning that.

Gah, I'm so stupid, I can't believe I missed that in the
documentation... Examining the .lst file shows that the extern(C) and
extern(Windows) symbols are all there; Daniel Keep solved the problem,
it wasn't anything wrong (possibly sub-optimal) in the .h file converted
to .d file, but that I was doing the following:
	dmd -run test.d OrcFxAPI.d OrcFxAPI.lib
Since dmd -run only uses the first file argument to actually do
compilation etc, the other files were being ignored, as soon as I ran
the test.exe, everything worked (was very frustrated with myself).

So I say to all who replied a very big thank you, I really appreciate
the effort in helping a n00b along the path to learning/using D, keep up
the noble work :D

Thanks again.
Chris.