Cant get hello.d to build:

Andy Little andy at servocomm.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 15:25:15 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel Wrote:

> Andy Little wrote:
> > Cant get hello.d to build:
<...>

> Try unzipping both zip files directly to c:/digital_mars. IIRC both have
> a directory 'dm', but don't contain any conflicting files.

Well. I've got a

C:/digital_mars/dmc/dm/bin/( make.exe | lib.exe)

and a

C:/digital_mars/dmd/dm/bin(make.exe | lib.exe)

FWIW I also have a

C:/digital_mars/dmd/dmd/bin/make.exe.

And the c and d ones seem to be different.

> Alternatively, edit your PATH environment variable to contain
> "c:\digital_mars\dmc\dmd\bin",

Well, I have put that in the PATH in the batch file  --> at the end.

> or edit your sc.ini file to contain the
> lines:
> ---
> [Environment]
> LINKCMD="c:\digital_mars\dmc\dm\bin\link"

Tried this but no change in the error message...

I have however found that if I execute link separately it builds OK.
e.g ( batch file)
"
set PATH=C:/digital_mars/dmd/dmd/bin;c:/digital_mars/dmd/dm/bin;c:/digital_mars/dmc/dm/bin
set LIB=C:/digital_mars/dmd/dmd/lib;c:/digital_mars/dmd/dm/lib;c:/digital_mars/dmc/dm/lib
dmd -c hello.d
link hello

"
I guess I'll have to live with that for the moment.

Thanks for the replies.

Regards
Andy Little