tango link trouble

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Mar 4 14:20:55 PST 2007

Ansible wrote:

>>> I'm assuming that's what you meant, and that you didn't mean I should
>>> recompile tango with bud, right?  I'm a little unclear on that from the
>>> web page:
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/TopicBuildingAndCompiling
>>
>> Yes, you understood quite well :) I have tried to clarify the relevant
>> sentences on that page somewhat.
>>

> Thx for the help!
>
> I've run into a new problem, its a link error on the linked list.  When
> I try compiling a linked list example I get this:
>
> L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\ben\Modeler>bud chapterstorage.d
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

\home\bburdette\Docs\D\dmd\import\tango\tango\util\collection\LinkSeq.obj(Link
> Seq)
>   Error 42: Symbol Undefined
> _D5tango4util10collection4impl4Cell26__T4CellTPC7mod
> eler5PointZ4Cell7elementMFZPC7modeler5Point
>
> L:\home\bburdette\Docs\D\ben\Modeler>

If you're testing example/manual/chapterStorage.d, then we're somewhat
confused as it seems to work where we've tested it. If you've modified it,
I'd suggest posting the source (maybe in our forum?), and also the output
of "bud -test chapterstorage.d".

Note that templates and the linker coming with DMD not always are best
friends.

> Also, I tried getting the lib installer, setup-tango-0.95-beta1.exe.
> This time I was able to download it, but the installer gets a 404 error
> trying to download a zip file.

Hmm, probably an issue with the dsource move.

> Browsing through the docs it looks like a promising lib though, I'm
> looking forward to getting it working...

So do we :)

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net