Need help with acs_map[] from CURSES

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:22:48 PST 2007

Hi everybody,
I am working on a binding to CURSES, but recently I have encountered a problem I cannot solve.

Part of D code relevant to the problem is at http://paste.dprogramming.com/dpp01ati.php .

For C declaration of acs_map[] refer to Your /usr/include/curses.h (or ncurses.h) .

In short, acs_map[] is an external C variable which is filled with PROPER data by CURSES at runtime, depending on the type of terminal we are currently running our application in.

So, sometimes acs_map['l'] would return a simple '+', but sometimes it will return an ASCII #218 character...

Internaly, acs_map[] has 128 elements.

The D code mentioned above produces bunch of "Error: non-constant expression acs_map[108u]" errors.

Any help is apriciated. Apart from this I haven's encountered any other big problem, so I hope soon we will have a good binding to CURSES. :)

Kind regards

Dejan