Need help with acs_map[] from CURSES

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Thu Mar 8 04:10:39 PST 2007

Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Mr. Mäkelä, thanks for Your help.

You can call me by my first name if you wish - and pipe through s/Y/y/
also ;)

> After discussion on irc://irc.freenode.org/D channel with couple of
> my irc-friends we came to the similar conclusion. Either to do
> something as You said, or to write some sort of initCurses() method
> which will update those "macros".

Probably that second solution could be better in the long run. I just
posted a quick solution so that one can search the NG archives and does
not need to ask again.

Thx for advertising the channel. I didn't know there was some much
people there.

> They would have default values
> first, and after initCurses() they would change into what current
> terminal is capable of...

BTW, how do you differentiate between Unicode capable and incapable
terminals?