Incomplete win32 headers, do i have the right implib?

Chris Warwick sp at m.me.not
Fri Mar 9 06:43:28 PST 2007

"Max Samukha" <samukha at voliacable.com> wrote in message
news:rlo2v29grqiq04reup5e9vp0865ulj6bdi at 4ax.com...
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:03:01 -0000, "Chris Warwick" <sp at m.me.not>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Seems the included DMD win32 headers are missing some stuff. So i
>>downloaded
>>WindowsAPI from proWiki but now i get "cant find "xyz.lib"" errors.. i've
>>found the dlls but when i try to use implib i get "Borland implib" which
>>could be because i have Delphi installed, but i cant find a DM implib in
>>the
>>either the DM or DMD bin directorys.
>>
>>not sure what i need to do, any ideas?
>>
>>cw
>>
> digital mars implib is in the basic utilities package
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/bup.zip

Errmmm..

C:\Documents and Settings\chris\Desktop\dproj>bud Project1.d -full
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

C:\dm\bin\..\lib\imm32.lib
 Warning 140: Library probably needs FIXLIB

Any idea whats wrong now? I just generated imm32.lib with implib, tried
twice with same result.

seems a bit daft that newbies should have to be messing around with all this
kind of stuff just to get a complete set of win32 headers.

thanks,

cw