what's different between interface and abstract class?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Thu Mar 15 21:22:54 PDT 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:19:16 +0800, Allan QT wrote:

> Thanks for your attention!

I'm an amateur at this so someone please tweak/correct my offering.

The differences include the fact that abstract classes can specify data
members and 'default' function bodies whereas interfaces cannot do that.
Also, the members of an interface *must* be implemented in the class that
is based on that interface but this is not a requirement for abstract
classes that have 'default' function bodies.

I think that apart from those differences they are essentially the same
though I suspect they are implemented differently.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)