New introductory D website

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Mar 20 04:14:49 PDT 2007

Howard Berkey wrote:

> I have put up a web site where I have started collecting information I
> wish I had found in one place when I started learning D:
>
> http://www.d-riven.com
>
> Right now there are a few bits of content under the Articles and Resources
> sections; I hope to add more as time goes on.   The focus is currently on
> providing information for those new to D.

You write well and the site is nicely structured :) Nice initiative.

As for the Tango vs Phobos article; The interoperation issue may not be as
dire as you suggest. With the latest release we provided the
PhobosCompatibility version identifier that should make it possible to use
Phobos and Tango API at the same time. The caveat is that Phobos itself
needs to be modified somewhat. I believe Gregor has made an effort to that
effect, aptly named tangobos, but I have a feeling that noone really feels
like mantaining/supporting such a library, and thus it may mostly be an
aide for those wanting to port their applications to Tango in a slow and
easy manner. _If_ someone wants to mantain/support the full Phobos API on
top of Tango, it should be eminently doable without too much effort,
though.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net