Hash Table

Mason mason.green at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:31:25 PDT 2007

Benji Smith Wrote:

> Hmmmmmm. Sounds like a bad idea to me. Why not just use an associative  array? That's what they're there for.

Thanks for the help. I need to create a Hash Table that I will be using to implement the following research paper:

http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~hastings/papers/hashing-sim.zip

It basically uses a unique hash function and hash table for rigid body collision detection. Page 2 shows a good diagram.

Will an AA allow me to index objects into the same "bucket" using my own hash function? Since I need to potentially index multiple objects into the same "bucket" I created the Hash Table as a 1D array with a dynamic list (HashSet) of objects in each cell.....

Thanks,
Mason