Module stdio cannot read file 'std\stdio.d'

GS Tan sing_nep at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 17:56:41 PDT 2007

I am running MS Windows XP.

I have just installed D compiler (dmd.zip) with linkers (dmc.zip) and setup the system variables. I tried the test routine: main() {} and dmd.exe was able to compiled.

There are two different directories for compiler (\dmd) and linker (\dm), where readme.txt for for dmd.zip and dmc.zip does not specify. Anyway, I included into PATH, the path to drive:\dm\include; and drive:\dm\lib.

I wrote the program "Hello there" to test out stdio.

import std.stdio ;

main()
{
   writef ("Hello there!\n") ;
}

This is the error I see. When I checked \dm\include, I see the file "stdio.h" and not "stdio.d". What is the problem?

Can you pls help me and maybe advise me as to whether I downloaded the correct file.

Thanks..GS