Why D _still_ needs the C preprocessor

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sat May 5 20:02:46 PDT 2007

Hmm.... isn't this what the new mixins are for?

Example (just to fit in with your example, you'll have to adjust):

------
struct OMF_Record
{
	int record_type;
}

struct library
{
static:
	OMF_Record[] select_records (char[] clause) ()
	{
		OMF_Record[] results;

		OMF_Record rec;
		if (mixin(clause))
			results ~= rec;

		return results;

int main()
{
	OMF_Record[] records = library.select_records!("rec.record_type == 1");

	return 0;
}
-----

That's what you want, right?  I mean, the ! isn't too bad is it?

-[Unknown]