Wanted: GDB-style debugging

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed May 9 17:50:17 PDT 2007

Philippec wrote:
> You can always find binaries for win32 at
> http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml
> they're not always the latest but you can always go with candidates. Either way, I found that using mingw's gdb with gdc to be the easiest way to make D code, specially that codeblocks has builtin in gdb support which actually lets debug d code from the ide.

Even the candidates are from over a year ago.  The only place I know you
can get a recent gcc for Windows is from this place here:

    http://inkscape.modevia.com/win32_inkscape_org/

Namely:
    http://inkscape.modevia.com/win32_inkscape_org/mingw411-060525.zip

I've been told that mingw is pretty easy to build from source, but I
tried and failed so it's not *that* easy.

--bb