Why the compiler dosen't enforce correct module declarations?

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sat May 12 16:11:16 PDT 2007

Manfred Nowak escribió:
> Ary Manzana wrote
>
>> Why use an alternative of the built-in version system?
>
> The version system is not equivalent to the module naming system.

Ok. My point is that it is totaly unnecessary to have the module
declaration say something different than it's location relative to the
include source path. This is like things work in Java, for example: you
get an error if the package declaration and the filesystem dosen't
match. Why not apply the same in D?