internal error toObjFile()

Jay Dresser dmd at jaydresser.us
Sun May 27 23:14:45 PDT 2007

Since I'm a newbie, I thought I'd ask here before submitting a bug
report.  Maybe I'm doing something stupid.

I just installed and started playing this week.  I have tried dmd and
gdc (gdmd) and I apparently cannot use dmd as I am on a amd64 (Opteron)
Ubuntu platform.  dmd can't handle the 64bit world yet, so I'm stuck
with gdc.

I wanted to do something with popen() so I took some code I found on the
newsgroups here for popen.d and compile it into my library.  It will
compile with dmd, but then the main program won't link with it if the
main program is from gdc (that's expected, right?).

So when I compile it with gdmd I get this:

gdmd -c -I/home/jay/Ddev/src/phobos -I/home/jay/Ddev/src/phobos/std
-L-L/home/jay/Ddev/lib popen.d
cc1d: ../../gcc-4.1.1/gcc/d/dmd/toobj.c:417: virtual void
ClassDeclaration::toObjFile(): Assertion `classinfo->structsize ==
CLASSINFO_SIZE' failed.
popen.d:97: internal compiler error: Aborted
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [popen.o] Error 1

I'll attach the popen.d code.

If you need any other information, I'd be happy to supply it.

Thanks.

-- jay