internal error toObjFile()

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon May 28 15:26:32 PDT 2007

Jay Dresser Wrote:
> That sounds like the one I'm using.  It's a ProcessStream and it had a
> small number of bugs.  :)

Really.. the code you posted looks different to the one I wrote.  For starters I didn't use popen.

> Being new to D, I'm not sure why I need all this stuff wrapped around
> popen(), I could just use the C one, right?  But I trust there is a reason.

Im not sure what options popen gives you but there are several things you can do when you do it manually, like:

 - setting the enviroment variables the process sees

 - have access to stderr handles (popen gives a FILE* which lets you read and/or write stdin and stdout but not stderr?)

 - have more control over the handles you create.  Important if you do/do not want the child process to inherit your handles.

There may be other things, not sure.  Basically if popen does everything you want I can't see why you wouldn't use it.

Regan