Template method and overloading

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed May 30 05:02:39 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter escribió:
> Something like:
>      public void Foo(T)(T p1)
>      {
>      }
>
>      public void Foo(T,dummy=float)(T p1, bool b)
>      {
>      }
>
> It's silly that you have to do that, but since that workaround is
> available, I don't think Walter considers fixing it a very high priority.

!

This is so wrong. The language is trying to be elegant with "foreach",
"delegate" and some other stuff, while there are holes in many other
places, like this one.

I'm not saying that it's bad the problem exists. I think it's bad fixing
this kind of things has low priority, while adding new features to the
language has high priority. I know fixing is boring, and new stuff is
fun. But... Workaround Oriented Programming is not fun. :-(