Question about libraries

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed May 30 05:49:07 PDT 2007

Hello.

First of all, this question has nothing to do with DFL.

When I compile a program with DFL (i.e. "dfl program.d ..."), it
translates the command to "dmd.exe ..." with some extra parameters. One
of those parameters is

-L/exet:nt/su:windows:4.0 C:\ary\PROGRA~1\d\dmd\lib\DFL_DE~1.LIB

What is the meaning of that?

I'm asking this question because we'll make Descent configurable for
building projects, and for that a user should specify include paths,
libraries, and some flags. But, I don't understand how the -L switch
works. The documentation just says:

-Llinkerflag
     pass linkerflag to the linker, for example, /ma/li

Another question: are include paths and libraries enough for compiling a
file and linking everything, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Ary