Treat a normal function as variadic?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 10:13:23 PDT 2007

"Robin Allen" <r.a3 at ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:f3k9n0$45g$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Thanks, this is how I had been trying to do it before giving up and trying
> it the hacky way.
>
> By the looks of your code, I almost had it, too, I just assumed that this
> bit would be impossible:
>
> args[i] = params[i].convertTo!(typeof(args[i]));
>
> because args is a tuple and the docs say the "number and contents of tuple
> elements are fixed at compile time". Is that wrong?

What I've done in my example is declare a variable tuple by doing Args
args;.  So Args is a tuple of types, and args is a tuple of variables whose
types are those of Args.  Because args is a tuple of variables, I can modify
their values.  I guess it would be a "symbol tuple."  So if you want to get
really technical, args is a tuple which refers to some variables -- you
can't change the contents of args, i.e. you can't change what symbols it
refers to, but you can change the values of those symbols.

Or something like that.  I'm not really, entirely sure :)