Conditional behavior within makefiles

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Nov 14 12:23:27 PST 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> torhu wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:
>>> This is for the Tango makefiles, so I can't expect the user to have
>>> anything but the version of make.exe that comes with DMD/DMC.  I'm
>>> trying to sort out separate debug and release builds within the same
>>> makefile.
>>
>> I think the closest you can get is having a batch file that runs make
>> with the correct DFLAGS, etc.
>
> Yuck :-)
>

> Sean

I wonder if there's any technical reason why Walter couldn't just dump
DMD make in favor of gmake.  Other than that DMD make is his baby.

The DMC build of wxWidgets is also screwed up because of the limited
make that comes with the DMC compiler.  But they insist on using it
rather than gmake for the same reason as you -- because if you have dmc,
you're guaranteed to have dmc's make.

--bb