RFC - Mersenne Twister (SFMT)

Tyro Tyro
Sat Nov 17 02:55:01 PST 2007

After reading Julienne Walker's article (http://www.eternallyconfuzzled.com/arts/jsw_art_rand.aspx) on rand() I wondered why the very best psudo-random generator available is not the standard. I looked at the std.random and was not happy to find out that it is slower than I rand() so I attempted to convert Mersenne Twister (again). I'm hoping to get some feedback on how to improve upon the attempt. The actual library (http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/SFMT/index.html) comes with code for both 64-bit OSes and more.

D version: D v2.007
OS: Windows XP - sp2

Thanks,
Andrew