Installing DSSS

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 06:04:55 PST 2007

"torhu" <no at spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:fhs4p6$22ed$1 at digitalmars.com...

> The problem is that there are four directories in the package: bin, etc,
> include and share.  And no instructions as to what they are for, how dsss
> will find the files it needs etc.  And I don't know too much about linux,
> so I don't want to mess with this until I have a good idea what I'm
> supposed to do.

You put them all in the same dir.  So you'll have

/home
    /torhu
        /dsss
            /bin
            /include
            /lib
            /share

And of course it has no instructions, it's written by a Linux nerd who
assumes everyone else is a Linux nerd too.  :P

> bud requires just the executable in your path somewhere, but when trying
> to build it with itself on linux, I get an error about it not being able
> to find -lphobos.  Which is a bit odd.  Does anyone know if the second
> step of building bud is really needed?  It seems to work after just
> building it with the makefile, but if it can't find phobos...

I've never been able to get bud to work correctly on Linux.  Could be that
it's more than a year old, more likely that I'm a nob.