Internet Library For Tango

Lester L. Martin II Lester at ewam-associates.com
Tue Nov 20 05:25:18 PST 2007

Lester L. Martin II Wrote:

> Regan Heath Wrote:
>
> > Lester L. Martin II wrote:
> > > See the exception for yourself
> > > tango.core.Exception.AddressException: Unable to resolve host 'http://ftp.digitalmars.com/'
> >
> > I suspect you need to pass just the host name, not the complete URL
> > form.  i.e. strip ftp:// from the front and /..etc from the end.
> >
> > Regan
>

> Thanks that is just the information I needed; now I can rewrite my library to use a progress bar
>
> Lester L. Martin II

If someon with authority in tango will give me the go I'll rewrite it once again to rid it of the need of progress bars(needed for dinstaller) so it will be generic and usable for you.  Maybe you could use it for tango vfs (HTTP/FTP) or maybe not; I don't know. I am more than willing to donate my code to you who have created such a fine library for me and others to use. Thanks tango group and maybe you will want my download wrapper class.
Lester L. Martin II