converting numbers to strings and back

dominik aha at aha.com
Sat Oct 6 08:31:43 PDT 2007

"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fe736n$27ol$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Using my tinfoil telepathy hat, I suspect you are... using a 1.x series
> compiler, which does not have the std.conv.to!(T) template.  You'll need
> to either use D 2.0 for that, or just use toFloat.

ok I apparently was using 1.x compiler (I've downloaded what was linked from
main page).
Now when I have downloaded newest version (2.005) I get the following error
with both methods (toFloat and to!):

test.d(10): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (toString(fFloat))
of ty
pe const(char)[] to char[]

same code, nothing changed, same error on both method of conversion.