private in class - or is it?

dominik aha at aha.com
Sat Oct 6 09:16:56 PDT 2007

ok, I'm really having problems with understanding this.. private should be
private, no? I didn't find anything related to this in documentation.
Apparently, private has no meaning - not the way as I see it anyways. Works
both with private keyword preceding variable or private block {}

I'm using 2.005 - but works the same way in 1.x

code:
-----------------------------------
import std.stdio;

class Testor {

 private int m_something;

 this() {
  m_something = 5;
  writefln(m_something);
 }

 ~this() {
  writefln("Bye now...");
 }

 void give_me() {
  writefln(m_something);
 }
 void set_me(int x) {
  m_something = x;

void main(char[][] args) {

 Testor blabla = new Testor; // writefln from this() == 5

 blabla.give_me(); // Works as it should == 5
 blabla.m_something = 88; // WTF??
 blabla.give_me(); // == 88

 blabla.set_me(983); // Works as it should == 983
 blabla.give_me(); // == 983

 delete blabla;