bud and lib paths

torhu no at spam.invalid
Mon Oct 15 17:53:03 PDT 2007

I'm wondering if anyone has got any experience with this problem.  I'm
trying to build a wxD sample outside of wxD's installation directory, to
see if I can get it working.  I've left the wxWidget lib files in
wxWidget's installation directory instead of copying them into dm/lib.
So I need optlink to find them somehow. I've tried this:

bud -full minimal -gui -LIBPATH=c:\prog\wxWidgets-2.6.4\lib\dmc_lib
wxbase26d.lib

But I get "Warning 2: File Not Found wxbase26d.lib".  This isn't the
complete command line needed to build the example, but it shows the same
error.  I've also tried setting the LIB environment variable, but I
guess bud doesn't pass it on when running optlink.  Anyone else seen
this problem with bud?  Is there another way to achieve the same thing?

Rebuild's -S (works like -LIBPATH) option works just fine, but needs 46
seconds to build the minimal example, compared to 7 with bud.  Not a
great option.  Maybe I'll go with copying the files instead.