Code Coverage and DLL's not working?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 06:18:28 PDT 2007

"Simen Haugen" <simen at norstat.no> wrote in message
news:ffkq6b$14hs$1 at digitalmars.com...
>I get an error "The application failed to initialize properly
>(0x0e0440001)" when trying to run an executable built with -cov. It happens
>both for release and debug builds (the same exe/dll runs without cov).
>
> Could the problem be that I'm using -cov on my dll...?
>
> I'm using dmd 1.022

That error code is DMD's SEH error code.  I think an exception is being
thrown and not caught.

Is your DLL linked so that it will be loaded when your program runs?  Or do
you manually load it with Win API calls?  It sounds like the former, so I'd
have a look and see if your DLL is throwing an exception perhaps in the
DLLMain.

Oh, one last question, I guess: I'm assuming your DLL is also written in D,
is this so?