BNF questions and comments

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Fri Sep 7 13:20:18 PDT 2007

BLS wrote:
> Yep. Porting Walter's language/grammar description into EBNF is a
> challenge. You may have recognized that I am working on Netbeans IDE
> support for D/MiniD... in order to establish code folding I have to
> create an NBS Schliemann file which is (mostly) similar to EBNF.
> Instead of {}  I have to use ()*, in fact a few minor things.

Well for the most part Walter used BNF not EBNF which is good
considering I can't use (). OTOH it's all left recursive and I can't use
that. (More munging me thinks<G>)

> Probabely we can exchange some information ?
>
> Bjoern

At this point all I have is basically cope/pasted out of the docs. I'll
send you the text if you want but I don't think it will be of much use yet.