Need help with Rebuild.exe and Wombat

Johannes getridofcrap.johannes.oberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:11:12 PDT 2007

I'm trying to build the example files for Wombat with Tango with DMD on Windows XP. D and Tango works now. I can also compile the Wombat example files if I pass DMD the -c option and get .obj's. However they cannot link, therefor I'm trying rebuild.exe as suggested in some d forum archive post. It drives me crazy.

Btw, I would try posting this in the Wombat forum at dsource.org but it only had one post ever, made months ago.

Anyway,
I've downloaded the latest dsss-0.72-dmd-win.zip. I extracted rebuild.exe and rebuild_choosedc.exe into c:\dmd\bin.

My Wombat dgi and dbi folders are in c:\dmd\import\dbi and c:\dmd\import\dbi

Now, when I try the .sh build file for Wombat, all the rebuild lines says only:
C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild -version=LOG -clean -g -gc -full -debug -J. -I../  get.d -ofget.exe
Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/trunk/rebuild/README  says
"Use 'rebuild --help' to get info."

This I do, then I get:
C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild --help
Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.

So, I created a rebuild.conf directory c:\dmd\bin\rebuild.conf.

C:\dmd\bin>rebuild --help
Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
.\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
build\testtango.d'
fopen: No such file or directory
Profile 'default' does not exist.
You may generate it by running rebuild_choosedc.exe

That last part made med run:

C:\dmd\bin>rebuild_choosedc.exe
Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
.\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
build\testtango.d'
fopen: No such file or directory

Where does testtango.d come from? Is that somehow hardcoded into rebuild?

If Wombat has a hardcoded directory structure that you must use, that isn't explained in the source code archive, and is in no way obvious.