Class deallocator not being called -- bug or oversight?

Mon Sep 24 10:13:31 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Oh for what it's worth, I can't figure out where Phobos is calling class
> deallocators--the block I'd expect to be used in internal/gc/gc.d is
> commented out.

Actually, it's not commented out; it's in a version(0) {} block (at
least in my copy of Phobos)
.
A "version(0)" doesn't have any effect though. From the spec:
---
The VersionCondition is satisfied if the Integer  is greater than or
equal to the current version level, or if Identifier matches a version
identifier.
---
Since 0 seems to be the minimum level (DMD won't let me specify a
negative "version level") the code will always be executed (similar to
"version(all)").