Backporting

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:35:05 PDT 2007

lurk wrote:
> Frits van Bommel Wrote:
>
>> lurk wrote:
>>> and the worst is, that the libraries such as tango etc. offer version 2.0
>> ??
>> AFAIK Tango only supports 1.x ...
>
> meant to be sarcastic.
> 2.x is need, but nobody supports it.

"Hey guys, let's update Tango to support 2.0; it'll take a while, but
it'll be worth it!"

"Yeah!"

[A few months later]

"Ok, we're finally done!  We had to refactor a sh*tload of code, and
split a heap of it off into different modules and *damn* do I hate
string mixins now, but we're finally done!"

Walter: "const sucks; let's re-design it from scratch."

"Dear God, shoot me now!"

*That's* why libraries don't support D 2.0.  Because it would be silly
to support a target that's not only moving, but constantly changing
shape. :)

	-- Daniel