Request: Example for working with Zip files

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 06:23:49 PDT 2008

== Quote from Tyro[a.c.edwards] (no at spam.com)'s article
> I have a zip file of multiple zipfiles each containing files, folders,
> and other zip files. I need to tunnel into the individual files buried
> in all subarchives and folders in order to edit/insert/remove
> information. Ultimately I'd like to do the work directly inside the
> zip file without having to decompressing and recompressing the files.
> Request a demonstration of how to accomplish this.
>
> Any assistance, tango or phobos, is greatly appreciated.
>
> Andrew

Did you look in the Tutorials project?
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/StandardLibraryCategory

There are some Phobos examples (D 1.x or earlier):
 * http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/ZipExample
 * http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/ZlibExample
 * http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/UnzipUsingStdZipExample

(They're old examples, but I think they should work with D 1.x. If they don't
quite work with D 1.x, please either add a note to the wiki that they don't work
with D 1.x or change the example if you know what to fix.)

I hope that helps.

I might be able to scare up a couple more examples from my code (I remember
creating a program that output some simple .odt files, which are actually .zip
files), but it's zip isn't something I've spent a lot of time with.