-L-ldl needed on Linux

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat Apr 12 01:46:45 PDT 2008

Just wondering why I have to give dsss the -L-ldl flag manually when I
compile a Derelict-using program under Linux.

Seems like it shouldn't be neecessary for me to have to specify that.
But who's to blame?
* Is it DMD's fault for not including in the default link libs?
* Is it DSSS's fault for not picking up that it's needed (or for not
puttin it in the default list of flags?)
* Is it Derelict's fault for somehow not telling DSSS that it wants to
use libdl on Linux?

Any of those seem possible.  So anyone know the answer?

Or is it just my fault for thinking I shouldn't have to stick a
version(linux) block in my dsss.conf file?

--bb