-L-ldl needed on Linux

Spacen Jasset spacenjasset at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 09:07:06 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Just wondering why I have to give dsss the -L-ldl flag manually when I
> compile a Derelict-using program under Linux.
>
> Seems like it shouldn't be neecessary for me to have to specify that.
> But who's to blame?
> * Is it DMD's fault for not including in the default link libs?
> * Is it DSSS's fault for not picking up that it's needed (or for not
> puttin it in the default list of flags?)
> * Is it Derelict's fault for somehow not telling DSSS that it wants to
> use libdl on Linux?
>
> Any of those seem possible.  So anyone know the answer?
>
> Or is it just my fault for thinking I shouldn't have to stick a
> version(linux) block in my dsss.conf file?
>
> --bb

It's sort of the Linux way I guess. You have to do this using C++ to use
any of the dynamic binding functions. A dsss link pragma seems to be the
solution for the moment. Or, you can list lib 'dl' in your dsss.conf and
you will get a warning on windows but it will still link correctly.

buildflags=-g -lldl -debug -unittest -Dddocs -profile

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
dl.lib
  Warning 2: File Not Found dl.lib