exponent operator/library function

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Mon Aug 4 16:52:59 PDT 2008

Reply to Jarrett,

> "BCS" <ao at pathlink.com> wrote in message
> news:55391cb32ff418cac458bee9a3c8 at news.digitalmars.com...
>
>> Reply to Michael P.,
>>
>>> Anyways, everything is compiling fine, but I get an ArrayOutOfBounds
>>> error on line 125 or something.
>>>
>> line 125: for ( int i = arrayToConvert.length; i > 0; i-- )
>>
>> that should be:
>>
>> for ( int i = arrayToConvert.length - 1; i > 0; i-- )
>>
> You mean i >= 0, I suppose.  ;)

that as well

>> this is because arr[arr.length] is the elemant after the last
>> element.
>>
> No offense BCS, but for someone so well-spoken and intelligent, I'm
> kind of shocked at how poor/inconsistent your spelling is.  "elemant"
> and "element" in the same sentence?

Keep (gently) needling me on that. I need to do better.

OTOH I have on occasion wondered if I'm borderline dyslexic (My mind just
doesn't seem to "see" spelling errors). I've never bothered to get tested
so I can't claim it as a reason and even if I did get tested I can't claim
it as an excuse*.

Really what I need to do is figure out how to get a spell checker plugged
into my NG reader  :b

* there is a fun debate in that fine distinction