How to retrieve total amount of system RAM?

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Wed Aug 13 13:21:54 PDT 2008

Wyverex wrote:
> Id default to NT version since its Win 2000+,
> Then force version flag for non-NT,  or dont support 95, 98, ME
>
> version(WIN_NO_NT)
>   alias GlobalMemoryStatus GlobalMemoryStat;
> else
>   alias GlobalMemoryStatusEx GlobalMemoryStat;

For this project, I'm trying to support all versions of windows, even
those old beasties 95, 98, and ME.

(The project is a library for reporting anonymous statistics about user
behavior. Failing to support the older operating systems would create a
bias in the reporting that I'd rather avoid.)

And, if at all possible, I'd rather just compile a single binary, even
if it means jumping through some weird hoops in writing my code. Is
there any feasible solution?

--benji