taking a character out of a string

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Aug 19 03:41:05 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> ...except due to bugs 313 and 314, you end up polluting the namespace even
> more when using selective imports, since they are always made implicitly
> public.  Fun.

I see, I don't know what to answer you -.-
Many of the bugs/problems I have found in the D module system are already in bugzilla.
Assuming such bugs will be fixed I believe those D practices of mine become good ;-)

> So, you want "static import" to be the default.

In years of programming I have seen that keeping things tidy helps me avoid bugs. And Python module systems works like that.

Bye,
bearophile