precedence of cast

Fawzi Mohamed fmohamed at mac.com
Wed Aug 27 09:32:57 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-27 18:14:40 +0200, "Manfred_Nowak" <svv1999 at hotmail.com> said:

> Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
>
>> A table with the precedence of all operators would be welcome
>
> If a table is needed, it suggests itself to not rely on yourself and
> others to know the contents of that table. Use parens and everyone sees
> the intention.

I agree that in general it is a good advice, but if you have an
expression that you need to use often, some optimization is in order,
because (being it common in your code) excessive parens just weight it
down and, whoever looks at your code will have to understand it once,
to then apply it in all cases.

And anyhow, just for the sake of knowing it I would like someplace
where I can look at it. :)

Fawzi