Exception Handling

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:23:39 PDT 2008

sleek wrote:
> Is there an easy way to get a stack trace when an exception is caught?

On Linux, there's a library called jive floating around. It may be
tango-only, and the official version is defunct, but you can find
versions of it updated to more recent versions of D and tango.

I know for a fact that it doesn't help when you segfault due to stack
overflow (debugging a circular dependency verifier in dconstructor; it
only takes a couple seconds to overflow your stack, but it takes ages if
you're printing to stdout in the meantime). I don't know whether it
catches other segmentation faults, though.