Dynamic Arrays & Class Properties

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Thu Aug 28 11:45:52 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> Be warned though: the DMD backend sometimes generates buggy or incorrect
> code when using -inline, so be sure to test thoroughly both with and without
> the flag.

This is very much nitpicking, but the DMD *backend* is most likely not at fault here. All
inlining is done in the frontend at the AST level, which is what is broken.

In LLVMDC I've had to disable the DMDFE inlining as it completely breaks our codegen. Luckily
LLVM does a pretty good job at inlining on the bitcode IR...

Tomas