How to compile and use an external class

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Dec 2 02:06:12 PST 2008

Some Guy:
> I am busy learning D and I want to be able to use classes now. I am
> used to programming in C# where it does everything for you and you
> don't have to think about this kind of thing so I now have no idea
> how to compile a program from the command line that uses a class in
> another source file.

The good thing of D is that with just a little push it can become as handy as C# in this regard :-) The LDC compiler may grow the ability to find and load modules by itself.
In the meantime you can use a tool like "bud" (or another one named rebuild) to do that for you. This is bud:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/build/wiki

Bye,
bearophile