sscanf() equivalent for D using Phobos library?

rocknroll714 rocknroll714 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:37:47 PST 2008

Hi. I discovered D recently and I am very, very impressed. I've
decided to switch from C/C++ over to D as my programming language of
choice. Right now I'm porting one of my C++ applications to D, and I
need some help with a simple conversion.

How would I do this:

if(sscanf(line, "%[^:]: %[^\r\n]", name, value) != 2) {...}

In D? I'm looping through a text file using the File.getline() command
and splitting each line into two separate variables with the sscanf
command. The if conditional check is to make sure the line is
formatted properly (the text file is the settings file for my
application).

Help please!