DSSS problem

Sergey Gromov snake.scaly at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:06:55 PST 2008

Fri, 19 Dec 2008 22:01:09 +1300, Tim M wrote:

> Hi I am using dsss and I'm not sure if I'm not using it right or there is
> a bug in it. I have 2 projects using the same dsss.conf and sharing a lot
> of common code. The linking of a large resource file makes the .exe I
> expect to be a lot larger leaving the other alot smaller but code from the
> smaller one becomes the code for both. AFAIK I should be doing a 'dsss
> build' to build all my projects or a 'dsss build proj' for just one. And
> use A dsss.conf like this:
>
> name = proja
> [proj1.d]
> target = proja
> buildflags+=-L/rc:resources\proj1.res
> buildflags+=-gui
>
> name = projb
> [proj2.d]
> target = projb
> buildflags+=-L/rc:resources\proj2.res
> buildflags+=-gui
>
> I was testing proj1 for a while fine then I tried a 'dsss build' to
> rebuild all of them and the problem started. It is re-produceable but
> random. Could anyone please provide an example dsss.conf. I am not ready
> to post full sollution.

You don't mention the problem itself.  What happens, what's wrong?

As to your dsss.conf file.  If what you pasted is the contents of one
file then there is at least one problem.  The 'name' property is global,
and there can be only one.  What you have now is a global 'name'
property set to 'proja' and another 'name' property in section 'proj1.d'
set to 'projb'.  That's because everything after [proj1.d] belongs to
the 'proj1.d' section, regardless of empty lines you put there.

Basically that name=xxx global parameter seems to mean nothing.  When
you say 'dsss build proja' DSSS searches for a section named 'proja' or
a section with a target named 'proja'.