Running dmd with older glibc

Johan Granberg lijat.meREM at OVEgmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:34:50 PST 2008

I'm running into a problem installing dmd in the computer labs at my
department. I don't have root access so I'm installing into my home
directory and I had a working dmd 0.150 but I was in need of features
introduced after that so I tried to install 1.038 instead.

Now I'm getting

dmd: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by dmd)

and by extension no working compiler.

I found an old post describing the same problem but no solution. Does anyone
have a solution to the above problem or should I give up the idea of using
D for this project?

(I have tried earlier to compile both ldc and gdc but without success)