DDL problem

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:54:13 PST 2008

Hello tim,

> NVM I think I've figured it out. I'll try and get in touch with a dev
> for  the change to be put through.
>
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:16:05 +1300, Tim M <a at b.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry I should have made myself more clear. Latest d1 (1.038). If you
>> get ddl from trunk and try to build quick example there will be an
>> error  about tango.io.FileConduit; so I changed that to
>> tango.io.device.FileConduit; and it then complains about
>> ddl\ExpContainer.d(51): Error: argument FIXUPP to typeof is not an
>> expression. It is defined like:
>>
>> struct ExpContainer(T){
>> alias typeof(T) BaseType;
>> alias T[] ArrayType;
>> so I tried changing that to:
>>
>> struct ExpContainer(T){
>> alias T BaseType;
>> alias T[] ArrayType;
>> does this look correct. Dmd seems to think so but then there is an
>> error  with ddl/DynamicLibrary.d:
>>
>> template getDExport(T, char [] name) {
>> static if(T.mangleof[0] == 'P'){
>> typeof(T) getDExport() {
>> return cast(typeof(T))getSymbol( "_D" ~  mangleSymbolName!(name) ~
>> T.mangleof[1..$]).address;
>> }
>> } else {
>> typeof(T) getDExport() {
>> return cast(typeof(T))getSymbol("_D" ~  mangleSymbolName!(name) ~
>> T.mangleof).address; }
>> }
>> }
>> On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:02:29 +1300, Jarrett Billingsley
>> <jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> D1 or D2?

You might try the version that Tom S. (h3r3tic) maintains.  He appears to
be using it in his D projects and keeps adding fixes as he goes.

If you know how to use the Mercurial repository, have a look at it here:

http://team0xf.com:1024/linker

It's very likely to have already fixed the problems that still exist in the
dsource ddl repository.

-JJR