D ubuntu 7.10

Eliot E. eliot.darkwolf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:55:55 PST 2008

Friend and I have had our interest peaked by the language and are both trying to run on linux, windows and mac (less concerned with mac though).  But, I have run into a problem with getting dmd to work on my build.  I'm using the latest release of KUbuntu (7.10).

I've run through the tutorial on this site down to the last T:
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?HowToUbuntu

I can only run dmd as root, or i get the error:
main.d: module main cannot read file 'main.d'

And when I run dmd as root on main.d I get a compile complete:
gcc main.o -o main -m32 -lphobos -lpthread -lm

and it makes a .o file and binary, but when i type: main to run the binary I doesn't recognize the command as a program...

Any help would be useful,
~E