D ubuntu 7.10

Denton Cockburn diboss at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 04:29:06 PST 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:24:22 +0900, Neil Vice wrote:

>> [quoted text muted]
>
> This is also the error you get when you run the compiler from a directory
> that is not the root of the source tree without the -I flag. Given that you
> only get it as root I would assume that it relates to the file permissions
> of your source file(s) and or the directories containing them.
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> This may or may not seem obvious but unless you have . in your PATH you may
> have to use ./main to execute your program. If this isn't your problem more
> information as to the error messages your are encountering might be useful.
>
> Neil

To fix the 'root' problem, do:
sudo chmod +x dmd (in the dmd bin directory of course)

It is a permissions problem, and that'll fix it.

the ./main thing is right on target.  '.' (current directory) is not in
the path by default in (K)ubuntu.

So he either has to add it to the path (editing ~/.bashrc would work) or
just do './main' (or whatever the binary name instead of main).