object.d

Ty Tower tytower at hotmail.com.au
Sat Feb 9 15:39:57 PST 2008

OK so I'm getting the hang of this now.
What I don't understand is when installing Tango I see a line to backup "object.d" -Why?

What exactly is meant by backup ?  I copied the file and renamed it to "objectCopy.d" -so what do I do with it ?

Doesn't Tango come with an "object.d" file? That would seem stupid as it is the base class for all objects.

So when trying to compile under Tango if I don't put "object.d" in the current directory the compiler complains that it can't find it .

What a mess this Tango Phobos thing is!